“Landscaping as a home improvement project has a recovery value of 100-200% if it is well done and harmonizes with the nearby surrounding. This compares to a kitchen overhead of 75-125% or a bathroom redesign of 80-120%.”
If you’re trying to sell your home in this slumping real estate market, improving the landscaping can increase curb appeal as well as improve your home’s value. In fact real estate experts say that mature trees and a well-landscaped yard can improve your home’s value by 10 to 25 percent, while poorly landscaped properties decrease the value of the home.
- Landscaping can increase the resale value of a property by as much as 14%
- The sale of a property can increase by as much as six weeks
- A landscaped patio can raise property value by 12.4%
- A landscaped curb can increase property value by 4.4% and hedges can add 3.6%
- One of the best investments any homeowner can make to improve their home’s value is to hire a qualified lawn care professional who can add just the right landscaping touches. The right landscaping dramatically improves what realtors call the “curb appeal” of a house, an exterior that is neatly trimmed and manicured and looks inviting to enter.
- No matter what size yard a home has, good landscaping requires that the grass is mowed on a regular basis, watered so that the grass looks lush and green and not browned and burned by the sun, and the edges trimmed around all brick and cement borders so that vegetation doesn’t look wild and uncared for. An Enviroworks professional can ensure that the grass is on an adequate watering schedule as well as providing the proper nutrients to keep the lawn looking healthy and green. Enviroworks professionals are also expert at knowing when to reseed a lawn or how to handle bare patches.
- An Enviroworks professional can also advise the homeowner on how to add accessories to the lawn to make the area even more attractive. These might include benches and bird feeders, decorative borders around trees, shrubs and bushes, flower boxes installed under each window, pathways leading from the driveway to the front door using decorative stone, and planter boxes containing blooming plants to line the walkways. Potted blooming plants and hanges containing trailing vines can be strategically placed on the porch area to make the home look lived in yet still cozy and inviting.
- Part of proper lawn landscaping includes shaping and trimming trees, shrubs and bushes so that branches and limbs don’t get unruly and grow over power lines or rooftops. Especially during the fall season when dried leaves and limbs fall from the trees, these must be swept away and disposed of as promptly as possible to keep the lawn’s landscaping looking neat and well maintained.
- Investing in the services to design and maintain a home’s landscaping can result in as much as a 10% increase in the home’s current value.